Family Law Attorney


Los Angeles Area Family and Divorce Lawyers

From an Experienced Los Angeles Divorce Lawyer

Business owners and non-business owners dedicate a lot of their time to their business or jobs. Unfortunately, sometimes that results in a failed marriage. A divorce can be extremely complicated, especially when children, property, and businesses are at stake. That is why it’s vital to your divorce, finances, and business to consult with a Los Angeles Divorce Attorney.

At The Law Office of Eric J. Proos, P.C., we apply our years of working with high net worth individuals during their divorce, child support, spousal support, or child custody cases. Eric has worked with some of the best family law attorneys in the nation, working on cases involving millions of dollars, hundreds of thousands of dollars a month in spousal/child support, and worked with individuals in contentious divorce proceedings.

Do not proceed with your divorce, child custody, child support, or spousal support case without conferring with counsel. Contact us today to request a free 30-minute phone consultation.

Our Approach to Your Divorce/Child Support/Spousal Support/Child Custody Case

As with any breakup, emotions run extremely high during a divorce. When children, property, business, or high dollar figures are involved this is even more true. That is why we attempt a collaborative approach to resolving your divorce, child support, spousal support, or child custody case. However, if the circumstances do not call for a collaborative approach, then we use your goals to fight for what you want.

Essentials for Filing for Divorce:

  1. Residency: Make sure you or your spouse meet the residency requirement. To file for divorce in California you must have been a resident for six months and lived in the county in which you are filing for 3 months. You do NOT have to live with your spouse to file.
  2. Date of Marriage: Make sure you have the date of your marriage and basic information regarding your marriage at hand. You need to have that information in place to file your petition.
  3. Documents: The FL-100 is the Petition for Dissolution of Marriage. This is the form you must fill out to initiate a divorce, or legal separation proceeding. You will also need the FL-110 which is a summons and must be filed and served on your ex. If you have children you will need the Declaration Under Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA)
  4. File Your Papers: You must file your paperwork with the court in order to initiate divorce proceedings. Each County has its own court system, so you must determine where you need to file your papers. If you live in Los Angeles Count you can use this site to help determine which courthouse has jurisdiction over your case.

If you are contemplating or already involved in a divorce, child custody, child support, spousal support, or other family type case, give us a call for your free consultation at (213) 784-3640.

    Contact Us