4.9 Rating / 50+ Reviews
Los Angeles Commercial Lease Disputes Lawyer
Send Us A Message
Experienced Commercial Lease Dispute Lawyer in Los Angeles, CA
Commercial leases are contractual agreements that involve businesses, properties, or the management of buildings, often with multiple tenants. Unlike residential leases, commercial leases tend to have longer and more diverse terms, allowing both landlords and tenants more room for negotiation. It is crucial to draft a comprehensive contract to avoid potential litigation.
Commercial lease disputes are common, mainly due to the complexities of lease agreements. Therefore, it is highly advisable to seek the guidance of legal experts before signing any contracts or engaging in negotiations. At the Law Office of Eric J. Proos, PC, our experienced commercial lease dispute lawyer in Los Angeles can effectively represent your interests. We specialize in writing leases, reviewing preliminary lease agreements, and skillfully negotiating terms that align with your needs. Whether you require a short-term or long-term lease, it is vital to have favorable terms that suit your specific requirements. Contact our office now at (424) 421-5114 to learn more about how we can help.
Common Commercial Lease Disputes in California
When a business enters into a commercial lease agreement with a landlord, both parties are bound by a set of obligations that extend beyond rent calculations and lease terms. Landlords may seek to restrict the use of the rented space and even dictate the type of business activities conducted on the property. Therefore, it is crucial for lease terms to include additional provisions specifying the permissible use of the property. Commercial lease disputes in Los Angeles often arise from disagreements related to these matters.
- The Lease Term refers to the duration for which the lease agreement binds both the landlord and the tenant.
- The Permissive Use Clause explicitly specifies the permitted commercial activities on the property. It implies that any activities not listed are considered “out of bounds”. If there is a desire to engage in an unlisted activity in the future, it may lead to disputes.
- The Restrictive Use Clause explicitly lists the commercial activities that are not allowed on the property, such as selling food or retail.
- Exclusive Use refers to the tenant’s exclusive right to engage in a specified type of commercial activity in the mall or building, with no other tenants allowed to do so.
- Security Deposits, Rent Calculations, and Payment Schedules encompass the tenant’s financial obligations to the landlord, including when payments are due and the conditions for the return of the security deposit (which can be particularly problematic in the event of early lease termination).
- Allocation of Expenses and Liability outlines the responsibilities for property taxes, insurance, repairs, routine maintenance, and other related costs.
- Eviction Rights and Procedures involve the removal of a tenant due to construction issues, failure to pay rent, or violation of lease terms.
Lease Drafting And Transactional Matters
Our commercial lease attorney in Los Angeles possesses extensive expertise in navigating the complexities of negotiating, drafting, and reviewing these critical documents. We excel in handling a wide range of matters related to:
- Industrial leases for warehouses, data centers, cold storage facilities, and other industrial properties
- Office leases for clients ranging from small business owners to major corporations
- Mixed-use and retail leases for malls, entertainment centers, restaurants, health clubs, department stores and other properties
In addition to the commercial lease itself, we provide valuable assistance to our clients in negotiating and structuring supplementary business law documents and commercial contracts. These may include property management agreements and insurance coverage policies, among others. Our aim is to ensure that our clients receive comprehensive support and guidance throughout the process.
Litigating Lease Disputes In California
At the Law Office of Eric J. Proos, PC, we have a strong track record in resolving commercial lease disputes in Los Angeles County. We excel in both trial advocacy and alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation or arbitration. Our expertise covers a wide range of issues, including disputes over common area maintenance (CAM) charges, co-tenancy clause violations, rent adjustments, and lease term interpretation. To learn more about the process and how we can help you through a messy commercial lease dispute, contact our trusted Los Angeles commercial lease lawyer right away.
Contact Our Los Angeles Commercial Lease Dispute Lawyer Today
No matter how detailed a lease is, or how thoroughly it was developed and reviewed, disputes arise. If you are involved in a commercial lease dispute in California, our skilled Los Angeles commercial lease dispute lawyer can review your lease to see how and why a dispute or lease violation occurred. The Law Office of Eric J. Proos, PC will advocate for you in negotiation or litigation in a manner that best safeguards your legal interests and promotes your rights. Contact our office now at (424) 421-5114 to schedule a consultation and to learn more about how we can help.